3 Week Workshop
Reestablishing connection, communication, and cooperation following a remote work world
Weekly 90-minute presentations with hands-on skills for practice throughout the week.
Re-onboard by recognizing the fears and anxiety stirred up by the past 2 years, and address these details, from mask expectations to social distancing to touching – handshakes or no? These unanswered questions can be addressed, along with role-play, in a Zoom meeting. Say how things will be different from before, how in-person ultimately benefits them.
Autonomy and control, the 2 things we need most to feel safe and engaged in our work, we're both missing during the last 2 years. As we return to work, we’re coming from a place of high arousal.
We’re on high alert from all of the uncertainty, we’re rusty at interacting with each other.
In addition, shifting mandates and diverse opinions over new protocols add to stress levels.
Indeed, returning to the workplace is like starting a new job, which in spite of the onboarding is always a stressful experience. You’re not clear on cultural norms, or how you’ll connect with and relate to others.
The 3-week program includes a dialogue around the top employee stressors and is then modifiable to address top challenges.
Communication to build connection
Learn the role stress plays in communication, and how to manage it
- discover how our perceptions create reality, which is why it’s different for everyone.
- practice the art of listening, the number one communications skill that’s often misunderstood and undervalued.
- learn how to find commonalities among different personalities, teams, and roles.
- discover new means of building connection without feeling awkward or uncomfortable.
Recognizing triggers before they escalate
Gain a clearer understanding of our own reactionary responses and behavior patterns
Participants will learn:
- skills to build self-regulation, how to regulate or change your thoughts, emotions, and physiology from reactionary to responsive
- Emotional Intelligence strategies for more effectively and respectfully communicating with others
- approachable, desk-friendly practices to shift focus, increase energy and downregulate a stress response
Resilience; building self-efficacy and setting boundaries
Skills to build self-regulation, how to regulate or change thoughts, emotions, and physiology to return to baseline after a negative event
Participants will learn:
- How to tap into your natural resources to show up more confidently in any situation.
- Mental agility skills, recognizing an overly rigid perception or perspective, and how to move into more flexibility.
- Self-awareness practices, to be able to track what's going on emotionally before the feelings escalate.
- Simple steps for cultivating optimism and other positive emotions.
- How to leverage character strengths.
- Strategies for strengthening their relationships with others.
Ready to build positivity, improved communications and stress management skills with your team?
Schedule a call with me today!