Nutty Party Mix
Makes 10 cups
This crunchy treat is a healthier tribute to the classic Chex Snack Mix, minus the corn syrup, genetically modified ingredients, excess sodium and preservatives—and you won’t miss them. This Nutty Party Mix is not only scrumptious, it’s high in protein and amino acids too! I use it in creating healthy, no waste lunches and my kids love it – in part because it’s snacky enough for happier noshing with fewer uneaten returns.
You can get creative with the ingredients but here is what I like to use:
- 1 10- 13 oz. box of healthy whole grain Chex-like cereal (look for low sugar and GMO-free), Cascadian Farms and 365 Brand are good options
- 1 7-8 oz. package whole grain pretzels, Snyder’s Organic or Newman’s Organic are a great choice
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. Bragg’s amino acids (optional)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder (optional)
1. Mix cereal, pretzels and nuts together in a large mixing bowl
2. Add Braggs and olive oil and mix well
3. Add garlic and onion powder
4. Toss with your hands to make sure it’s all coated well.
5. Spread flat on the pan.
6. Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes at about 300 degrees. This can vary with ovens and altitude, so check frequently. It should just look toasty.
7. Remove from the oven and cool before serving.